Wedding Planning Success Lounge: Create your wedding binders
Wedding binders: let’s talk about how to create one for you and/or for your couple.
In today’s Wedding Planning Success Lounge on Periscope I went over the whole process.
How to create your wedding binders
- I start with a three-ring binder. Color can be white or any you like, it can even match your brand colors if you prefer. Choose a binder size that reflects the type of your level of assistance. For example, if you are providing full-service (which means more planning and maybe design elements), you should consider a 2- or 3-inch binder. If you are just providing day-of or month-of then a 1- or 1 1/2–inch binder should be enough
- I customize the binder with the last names of the couple and type of event. (Wedding, Bridal Shower, etc.) I print a letter-size sheet for the front plastic overlay and a 1-, 2- or 3-inch wide card for the spine
- I print my contact information and I place it in the inside pocket. This will save your life in case the binder is left behind at a walk-through or at a meeting!
- I print a copy of the inspiration board (if there’s one) and I place in the back of the binder
- I use dividers with tabs, and I print the front page with a specific list of categories that I customized over the years
- I add clear protector sheets to hold magazine tear-outs, fabric swatches, invitations. In other words, all those things that you can’t file in your binder like you do with paper documents
- I attach a zipper or resealable bag where I can collect business cards, pens/pencils/markers, and more
[bctt tweet=”Keep everything handy in your wedding binder “]
Of course, the best solution would be going paperless with your files (I use Google Drive and / or Evernote to save and work on contracts, floor plans, checklists, budgets, and timelines). However, some of my clients prefer to have printed information in front of them when we meet (especially parents of the couple); in that case, I bring my binder with the documents neatly organized by categories.
Do you have a wedding binder in place yet? If not, you can purchase the how-to guide with all the editable templates
Buy templates and complete instructions for your client binder below!
As a Holistic Precision Life Coach and creator of the Life-Work Balance System, I empower ambitious professionals and high achievers like you to optimize themselves and unlock their full potential, fostering enhanced well-being and productivity in their lives and careers. I combine innovative methodologies (epigenetics, neuroscience, chronobiology, and positive psychology) to facilitate profound lifestyle transformations.