My word for 2021: HARMONY
As we start a new year, I am filled with hope for a brighter future for all of us. 2020 has taught us a lot, and the biggest message for me was to “take very good care of myself no matter what.” This has been my philosophy for many years: when you are able to honor your body, your mind, your heart, your spirit, you are in a good place, and you can achieve anything you desire.
The more I take care of myself, the more time I have to create a better future, and the more creative I become. This leads me to a more positive attitude, mindset, and better decisions.
When you are in harmony with yourself, you can expect better results in your life and in your career. It’s not easy, but it can be done by taking care of yourself and loving yourself unconditionally.
It’s no wonder that my Word for 2021 is HARMONY.
One of the definitions of this word is “the quality of forming a pleasing and consistent whole.” Some synonyms are Balance (like in Life-Work Balance, my signature coaching program); Symmetry; Congruity; Coordination.
Here are my tips for a better and brighter 2021 despite whatever will bring us. You are stronger than you think, and you can make it.
- Always look at the positive side of things, even if they don’t look like that.
- Accept and be grateful for what you have and who you have around you (your family, your friends, your home, the education you had, the achievements you gained, the opportunities you get every day, etc.)
- Learn how you can improve and change
- Invest in your health – You know I’m huge on prevention, on being proactive. Our health is the foundation of success. Every day we make choices, and those choices influence the quality of our life or shorten our lifespan. Day after day, we give specific information to our genes. It’s imperative that we take control of our life today, it’s never too late to start. Virgil used to say, “Our health is our greatest wealth” and I completely agree. When we are well, we can focus on different things. When we are sick, that becomes our biggest concern, and nothing else matters.
- Whenever you feel things are out of balance, work on getting back in harmony. One great example is stress which keeps us company every day: too much of it too often and you risk negative consequences for your productivity and well-being. Work on balancing the “acceleration” mode of your fight-or-flight response (the sympathetic nervous system) with the calm and quiet, relaxing state of your parasympathetic nervous system that allows you to rest and heal. When you rest and heal you recharge and you can achieve outstanding results. This is how we were programmed and how we can function optimally.
I’m not talking about reaching perfection. Your goal is to reach your inner self, your unique you. You want to be you. You just want to discover yourself, with your flaws and traits. Create harmony within you by honoring and celebrating yourself, just as you are! That’s how you can increase awareness about your true nature and achieve ultimate happiness, fulfillment, satisfaction. That’s how you will then achieve the success you long for, whatever it may be.
What is your Word for 2021? Share with us here!
Everything in our body is connected. Body and brain are part of a system, and when you are able to form a better partnership between the two, you gain more energy, focus, clarity, creativity, productivity. My coaching program addresses nutrition, sleep, movement, stress management, self-care, and time optimization to bring you back to harmony and reverse or prevent any imbalances in your system. You can then achieve your goals better and faster and enjoy the success you want.
Do you want to know more? Schedule a Clarity Call with me HERE. Let’s create a better version of yourself today!
Holistic Precision Life Coach, Brain Wellness Coach, and Life-Work Balance Strategist for busy professionals. I blend well-being principles with epigenetics, neuroscience, positive psychology, and mindfulness techniques to implement effective behavior changes.