Building Resilience to Live Better (Video) – Episode 50 of Your Weekly Dose of Life-Work Balance
In this video, I shared tips on how to build resilience to help you deal with and bounce back from difficulties and challenges, reduce stress, and find enjoyment in life. Watch below!
Do you ever feel stuck or helpless or irritable on certain days when things go wrong? You may start to think that your life is falling apart, and everything seems to play against you. Or, when you face a crisis, it takes you days or months to recover mentally and emotionally. And then, you speak to some of your friends, and they seem to live a happy, serene life, and they have a positive outlook and keep moving forward even after unfortunate events or circumstances. What your friends have is called resilience, the ability to adapt to new circumstances quickly, to cope with and recover from setbacks, and thrive during those changes no matter what.
Resilience can come in many forms:
- Physical, when your body has to deal with an illness or an injury. Here, having a healthy lifestyle can help tremendously with the recovery;
- Mental, where you stay flexible, calm, and hopeful when you face a challenge;
- Emotional, when you’re able to regulate your emotions during a stressful time;
- Social, where you get the support from others and you all work together to solve the issue. This can become handy after natural disasters, coming together, helping each other and the entire community.
Some people seem to be born with more resilience than others: they appear positive, confident that they will go through anything and they will overcome the challenges. People who are less resilient, on the other hand, tend to become depressed, they turn to alcohol, smoking, or drugs to avoid their feelings, or maybe isolate from others. Over time, they may even experience insomnia, digestive issues, headaches, and more.
But, if you think you’re not resilient enough, don’t despair – resilience can be learned, and the way I help my clients change and improve is by working on four area: epigenetics, neuroplasticity, negativity bias, and growth mindset.
In the video, I went through these areas in detail, and I included tips to help you change your brain, build resilience, and become more confident when adversities strike.
Building resilience is an integral part of my program REFRAME & THRIVE, focused entirely on stress, anxiety, and burnout.
It’s a 6-week program that will help you:
- Learn how the stress response works, and its effects on our body and brain
- Identify the type of pressure you’re experiencing (is it stress, anxiety, or burnout?)
- Recognize your triggers
- And create your Reframe Toolkit with personalized strategies and techniques to reframe your stress response, shift your mindset, build resilience, and reclaim your energy, purpose, focus, and joy in your life – not to mention precious time for sustained success.
You can find more information at the link above, and you can always schedule a complimentary Clarity Call with me to discuss more in detail and see if this program is right for you.
How do you build resilience in your daily life? Share with us below!
Holistic Precision Life Coach, Brain Wellness Coach, and Life-Work Balance Strategist helping busy professionals and high achievers live and work better by prioritizing themselves. I use different modalities (epigenetics, neuroscience, chronobiology, and positive psychology) to implement effective lifestyle changes.
Add A Comment